Your Full Service San Diego Sign & Graphics Company - In A NEW Location!
Since 2004 we have been serving all of San Diego and beyond. If you are interested in developing a more strategic relationship with your signage and graphics provider...you've found a partner! Your complete satisfaction is our goal. That's why we at Miramar Sign Works & Graphics do everything we can to manufacture your project to your specifications and deliver in a very timely manner.
Our website highlights some of the signs we have produced and installed during our many years of operation. To see a small selection, check out our Project Gallery and Sign Product Links. For some quick examples, see below:
- ADA, Suite and Wayfinding signs are needed in every every space - retail or corporate.
- Channel Letters are top of the line signs that attract the most attention and get the best results.
- Digital Graphics are a great option for interior, exterior, vehicles and more.
- Dimensional Letters (not internally illuminated) are an excellent choice for exterior or interior signs.
- Reception or Lobby Signs can make a bold statement and welcome visitors to your space.
- Exterior Signs have many options such as sandblasted, dimensional, plaques, electrical, handpainted, traffic/wayfinding and more.
- Monument Signs offer companies the chance to advertise in high traffic areas.
- Vinyl Graphics are an easy and simple solution for windows, panel signs, vehicles, and interior design elements.
- We also specialize in traffic or parking signs, directional signs, or tradeshow supplies, and have many solutions to fit your needs.
Request an Estimate
To request a sign or graphic estimate or get help with a project, visit our Products & Services area. To find helpful information, search Resources & Support. To learn more about us, browse through our Company Information section. Miramar Sign Works & Graphics is a vendor for today and tomorrow!
We also offer green sign products and work with environmentally friendly vendors.
GEMINI INCORPORATED, Awarded the Minnesota Green Star Facility Award from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Feel free to go to the Site Search at any time if you're having trouble locating a particular item. If there's anything we can do to improve our site, please let us know.
Improve Your Communication Skills
One of the most important aspects of any relationship is effective communication. That especially holds true with any customer relationships. June marks the celebration of Effective Communication Month. What a perfect time to evaluate how you’re communicating with your customers.
There’s been a lot of buzz about new communication tools in the form of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If you aren’t using these tools, here are some ways to you can reach clients through these sites.
Facebook is all about brand recognition. Create a Facebook Page and invite your friends, family and customers to like it. Then you can share information about what’s going on at your organization and any upcoming events you have. Let your company personality show and always be authentic. Customers don’t want to be sold to so provide information that could potentially help them. If you get comments about your business, address them immediately, both good and negative.
Twitter gives you 140 characters at a time to attract followers. This is where you can show your expertise by mingling helpful links to found articles with some original content. If you plan to Tweet, you need to be consistent to maintain a following. Plan how often you can contribute and keep it up. There are online tools to help you program regular Tweets.
LinkedIn is the formal business site. Get your employees to set up accounts to put a face on your company. Potential business partners and future employees will be searching to get a sense for your company’s culture. Conversely, you can check out potential employees and meet industry leaders to strengthen your network.
As with any communication, one of the most important qualities is listening. Don’t do all of the talking. Give your customers opportunities to do that for you. You may just learn ways to improve your business and increase your bottom line.